- This event has passed.
Historic U.S. Highway 80 Yard Sale
April 19 - April 20Free
This Biannual Sale Runs Through Five States. https://www.facebook.com/Hwy80Sale/
For more than 25 years, the Hwy 80 Sale has occurred twice a year, in spring and fall, along historic Highway 80. During the sale, individuals and businesses along the almost 400-mile route set up shop for garage and yard sales. Advertised as the “biggest garage sale in America,” the Hwy 80 treasure hunt has participants in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia.
- Third weekends of April and October each year
- Friday through Sunday, except when the sale falls on a holiday
- April 2019 falls on Easter weekend, and event date has yet to be scheduled
- October 2019 dates: October 18, 19, 20
- Hours vary, but typically vendors are operating by 8 a.m. and operate until the evening
- Arts & Crafts
- Photo Equipment
- Old farm equipment
- Dishes and glassware
- Antique cars and motorcycles
- Coins and baseball cards
- Garden plants and pots
- Jewelry and fashion accessories
- New and vintage clothing
- Look for signs pointing the way to off-highway yard sales.
- Watch for group sales in fields, churches and parking lots.
- Bring cash.