Marion Female Seminary Building
Founded in 1835, this was one of the earliest colleges for women in the United States. It was the first of four colleges established in Marion, AL. This building was erected in 1850. It contained the art studio of Nicola Marschall, a German-American artist, who designed both the first official Confederate flag and the grey Confederate army uniform. From 1916 to 1970, the building served as a local public school. Today, it is the home of the Perry County Historical and Preservation Society.
204 West Monroe Street near downtown Marion
(334) 683-9622204 West Monroe Street Marion, AL