Built in 1906-1907 this courthouse houses public records and research material for the probate office. The original building was erected in 1848, but two fires caused the citizens of Choctaw County to rebuild. The latest wing was completed in 1965. A Military Memorial Walkway leads to the courthouse that commemorates those who have served.
The courthouse is wheelchair accessible.117 South Mulberry Ave., Butler, AL 36904