ABOUT ALABAMA’S FRONT PORCHES & RURAL SOUTHWEST ALABAMA TOURISM
The Front Porches website highlights all of the incredible activities that are available in the Alabama – Tombigbee region of rural southwest Alabama. Find out more of the attractions you’ll be telling your friends about by browsing through our site. And remember to check back frequently, as we continue to update the site with new trips, birding opportunities and much more!
What Are We All About?
- The Colonial Frontier
- Where Alabama began
- Territorial Capitols
- The Federal Road which led west from the colonies
- A sense of history and destiny
- The place to find your roots
- Native Americans, artifacts and fossils
- Where Black History was made
- The birthplace of the Civil Rights Movement
- World Class hunting and fishing
- History, heritage, folklore and stories
- A chance to be in nature
- Long walks, back roads
- Antiques and shopping off the beaten path
- A place where you belong
- Come and find out
- Discover yourself and your heritage
- Your roots and a sense of community
- Good soul food and food for the soul
A project of the University of Alabama Center for Economic Development led by Nisa Miranda, this tourism initiative is developed to increase economic development through sustainable tourism dollars in the region.